Category: College Financing
With a four-year college degree now costing upwards of $100,000 at many schools, it pays to know the available funding options and how they might apply to your specific needs.
- Understanding 529 College Savings Plans
529 plans offer an attractive option to save for a child’s education. Find out about their different features and how they work.
- Getting Your Children Involved in Saving for College
Most articles about college planning focus on advice for parents. But what about the child who plans to attend college? Being part of the planning process can be educational.
- 529, Coverdell, or Custodial Account? How to Choose
This article provides an overview of the different tax-advantaged accounts available to help fund an education.
- Federal and State College Financial Aid Programs
This article describes sources of college aid available through federal and state programs.
- Section 529 Plans: Saving for Education
This article explores the pros and cons of 529 plans and contrasts them with other available education savings options.
- Planning for the Cost of Higher Education
College costs continue to rise, but through regular saving and investing for growth, you can help a child realize his or her goals.