Achieving the Gold Standard
Three simple ways to reach Gold*:
- Between 20-29 Debit Card Purchase Transactions** the previous month
- Combined balances between $25,000 and $74,999.99 as of the last day of the previous month
Benefits of the Gold Tier:
- 5 free foreign ATM withdrawals – The first 5 times you go to a non-CUNJ or non-Allpoint ATM, the fee will be waived (and we’ll discount it for any transactions over 5)!
- Discounted Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee-Discounted fee when money is swept from another account to cover a debit that came through your account.
- Waived Non-Participation fee
- 0.05% Discount on all Consumer Loans*** (includes vehicle and personal signature loans)
- Discounted Check cashing Fee
- Waived Paper Statement fee
- Discounted Incoming Wire fee
- Discounted Domestic Outgoing Wire fee
- Waived Notary Service fee
Helpful tips for reaching the Platinum Tier
- Increase your household balances by applying for a loan or opening another account
- Open a First Mortgage or Investment Account with CU of NJ and automatically get Platinum Plus status!
- Increase your Debit Card Transactions:
- Combine your household balances: Opt in to householding your entire household by completing a Householding Consent Form. This will aggregate your entire household balance and take other qualifications into consideration to give your entire household more benefits.
Qualifications are based on an “OR” relationship meaning that if you meet one of the criteria, you will qualify for that tier. You will be placed in the highest tier that you qualify for. Your tier level will be based on your qualifications from the prior month. Members with delinquent loans more than 30 days will be placed into the Basic tier. Excluded from Relationship Rewards: NJ Consumer Checking Accounts, Business Accounts, Children ages 0-17 if not part of a combined HH, Estate, Trust, RPA and Custodial Accounts. Combined balances are calculated by adding end-of-month balances in your CU of NJ Checking, Savings, Money Markets, Certificates, Loans and Credit Card limit(s) in any one given member account. Investment, Mortgage and Student Loan balances are excluded from combined balances. To opt-in to combining your entire household balance, you must complete a Householding Consent Form.
Monthly debit purchase transactions are calculated on when they post to the account, not when the transaction actually occurs. This will include all transactions that post from the first of the month until the last day of the month. Transactions are counted based on the total debit purchase transactions on each checking account separately, not based on the combined transaction on multiple checking accounts in a household. If multiple checking accounts exist in a household, then the checking account with the highest transactions will be counted to determine tier level.
Maximum discount for consumer loans is 0.25% off for this program and 0.50% off combined with other programs. Subject to credit approval. First Mortgages, second mortgages (including Home Equity Loans and Lines), student loans, lifestyle loans, personal line of credit and credit cards are excluded from this discount. Loan discount can be discontinued at any time at the discretion of Credit Union of New Jersey