There’s always a Silver lining.
Congrats if you have already earned Silver status. There are three more tiers higher in Relationship Rewards that you can earn more benefits from: Gold, Platinum and Platinum Plus.
Here’s what you need to qualify for the Silver tier*:
- Between 5-19 Debit Card Purchase Transactions** last month OR
- Combined balances between $1,000 and $24,999.99 as of the last day of the previous month OR
- New Member within last 90 days
Benefits of Silver Tier:
- Discounted Foreign ATM Withdrawal Fee – Discounted fee anytime you go to a non-CUNJ or non-Co-op ATM!
- Discounted Overdraft Protection Transfer Fee – Discounted fees when money is swept from another account to cover a debit that came through your account.
- Waived Non-Participation Fee
- Discounted Check Cashing Fee
- Discounted Paper Statement Fee
- Discounted Incoming Wire Fee
- Waived Notary Service Fee
Tips for moving up:
- Increase your household balances by applying for a loan or opening another account.
- Open a First Mortgage or Investment Account with CU of NJ, and you will automatically get Platinum Plus status!
- Increase your Debit Card Transactions:
- Use your Debit Card more often. Added benefit: Purchase Rewards!
- If you don’t have a Checking and Debit Card, open one today!
- Combine your household balances: Opt-in to householding your entire household by completing a Householding Consent Form. This will aggregate your entire household balance and take other qualifications into consideration to give your entire household more benefits!
Enjoy the freedom to prosper. If you have questions about Silver, just give us a call at 609.538.4061 or 800.538.4061, email us at email@example.com, or stop by one of our branches.
Qualifications are based on an “OR” relationship meaning that if you meet one of the criteria, you will qualify for that tier. You will be placed in the highest tier that you qualify for. Your tier level will be based on your qualifications from the prior month. Members with delinquent loans more than 30 days will be placed into the Basic tier. Excluded from Relationship Rewards: NJ Consumer Checking Accounts, Business Accounts, Children ages 0-17 if not part of a combined HH, Estate, Trust, RPA and Custodial Accounts. Combined balances are calculated by adding end-of-month balances in your CU of NJ Checking, Savings, Money Markets, Certificates, Loans and Credit Card limit(s) in any one given member account. Investment, Mortgage and Student Loan balances are excluded from combined balances. To opt-in to combining your entire household balance, you must complete a Householding Consent Form.
Monthly debit purchase transactions are calculated on when they post to the account, not when the transaction actually occurs. This will include all transactions that post from the first of the month until the last day of the month. Transactions are counted based on the total debit purchase transactions on each checking account separately, not based on the combined transaction on multiple checking accounts in a household. If multiple checking accounts exist in a household, then the checking account with the highest transactions will be counted to determine tier level.